Thursday, January 3, 2013

Morning Glory




  I sense the sun
         before I see it... 

My eyes open 
     slowly 
  to take in the 
        warm light
filtering in 
     through the 
  closed blinds... 

 I stretch out 
      on my back 
warding off 
   the lingering 
      haze of sleep... 

 I make my way 
     down the stairs
of this new house
       of which I am 
  merely passing 
       through... 

always passing 
     through... 

 I grind up 
    the cheap 
       coffee beans
I find in 
     a cabinet 

  and put a pot
on to brew... 

   I lean against 
the counter
      and glance over 
at the gorgeous 
        piano
 beside the staircase... 

I walk over 
      and sit at the 
bench 

    running my fingers 
over the 
      smooth ivory keys... 

  I begin 
      to play 
a familiar 
     tune... 

Beethoven's 
          Fur Elise 

   My fingers 
dance 
    up and down 

the familiar keys

   sending notes
beautiful & haunting
        through the 
otherwise empty
                 house... 

the hardwood floors
           & high ceilings 
 provide incredible
     acoustics...

    
    I move on 
to another 
      familiar tune... 

      an old hymn, 

Come Thou Fount... 


     again my fingers
glide up and 
          down 
   the full length 
of the piano... 

    the notes loud 
and clear

     full of energy

I let the 
      last notes

linger... 




     looking up 
I see my 
        reflection
  in the 
      glossy black 
finish... 


     I am a ghost
           in the reflection
of my 
   beautiful piano.  





No comments:

Post a Comment