Friday, January 11, 2013

fan the flame


1/11/13
1:00am


   Sometimes I forget
              the fire
 that burns inside
                     my chest... 

Every day life, 
             expectations, 
  the fog, 

      the complacency 
                 that surrounds, 

  they all creep 
        into my 
   subconscious
                 and 
  
     I neglect the flame,
leaving it 
       a mere ember

      and leaving me

                     numb. 


   But then I remember
            the insatiable 
            fire
                   roaring from 
the depths of my soul...

   the energy, 
         the passion, 
     the potential, 
the determination

      betrayed by 
the gleam in  
     my dark green 
           eyes... 

    the slight 
         upward curve 
of my lips
      only hinting 
   of what lies beneath..     

      at times
         the flame 
      grows so strong
      that

 I wonder 
       how my small 
   frame will 
          contain it. 

  It is then I am 
        reminded 
to always 
        remember

             the fire

that lies 
       within... 

never to take 
    it for granted, 

    and to continue 
         to fan the flame

until the day
         it flickers

and is 
extinguished. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment