Tuesday, April 2, 2013

the Tide

  
    my hands
          more often than not
are stained 
        with muted tones
   of acrylics,
           ink & charcoal
  these days...

    ink of a more
permanent kind
       has begun 
  to creep 
       down my arm, 
 proclaiming 
    what has been 
  hidden underneath
        for so long... 

the long, golden locks
     that once fell
   to the curve of 
         my lower back
   are gone, 
      replaced by a 
            boyish crop
   that now 
     accentuates 
my sharp features
          & eyes
  the color 
     of a rainforest,
 full of energy
         & life... 

  the diversity
of cultures
        I've been 
  exposed to
      & influenced by
becomes more 
    apparent by the day
as my art
    once again 
 undergoes the process
        of evolution... 

It seems my 
       horizons 
   are expanding & 
compressing
      at once, 
rendering me
     unable to do 
anything
    but surrender
 myself to 
       the Tide,
  the Current
    rushing through 
my veins, 
     allowing it to 
guide me
      where it will... 

always moving, 
       growing, 
              changing...

 only now 
    has it made 
itself known
         outwardly,
rather than 
    keeping the 
fire hidden 
      within... 

 I hardly know 
      that I'm ready 
for what lies 
         ahead, 
  so surely
      they will 
    not know 
        what to think  
  of me 
     anymore... 

  but no matter... 

 I will ride 
      this current
upstream, 

  I shall let 
       the Tide
wash over me, 
   purging me
of the
    meaningless

   & take me 
      to a place 
  of life, 
     transformation, 
  renewal, 
           freedom, 
       & purpose. 






No comments:

Post a Comment