Saturday, March 3, 2012


March 1, 2012






What a contrast! 



I feel as though I'm 

experiencing culture shock! 

My first experience in 

     New England

was finding and riding

the bus 

to the train station, 

then finding 

the ticket counter 

& 

the right train...



Cold weather,

Cold people...



Snow is everywhere! 

      Of course, 

their biggest snow storm 

of the year

     would happen 

the day before I arrived!

     However, 

my first train ride

   was absolutely 

      gorgeous, 

passing town 

   after town

covered in a blanket

  of snow. 




... the satisfaction of finally

finishing a book you started

months ago...
 


     Conversations with complete

 strangers about 

      Congolese children,

kidnapped and forced to 

       kill...

the hugeness of it all,

  possible solutions, etc.  


       " You don't have a Nashville
     accent..."

   
    The kindness of the same 

stranger, 

        helping 

this confused 

& 

tired girl, with 

not enough strength 

to get her bag

off 

the train.




No comments:

Post a Comment